2018 RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFT SEASON PASS TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions apply to all Ruapehu Alpine Lifts Limited (‘RAL’) pass holders, including persons who hold day passes, flexi passes, season passes, life passes, night ski passes, and sightseeing passes (each, a ‘Pass’). By purchasing a Pass and/or using RAL’s services, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and you agree to be bound by them. Pass holders are permitted to use RAL’s services only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- A card processing fee of 1.75% of the purchase price will apply to any purchases made from RAL by credit card or debit card.
- Passes are non-refundable, except where permitted under a Season Pass Warranty that has also been purchased. Terms and conditions for the Season Pass Warranty are set out below.
- Passes are not transferable and may only be used by the person to whom they are issued, as recorded by RAL on the Pass. The person to whom the Pass has been issued is responsible for the safekeeping of the Pass.
- If the Pass is used by someone other than the pass holder, as named on the pass, and that use is not authorised by RAL, RAL may revoke the Pass for the remainder of the operational season, or commence prosecution and/or legal action.
- Passes must be worn by the Pass holder at all times while skiing, boarding or sightseeing at Whakapapa and Turoa ski areas.
- Passes can only be used during the winter operational seasons of RAL ski areas. The winter operational seasons are determined by RAL at its absolute discretion and are subject to snow and weather conditions, and RAL having a licence to operate the ski areas at such times.
- 2018 planned winter operational seasons for RAL ski areas are as follows: Happy Valley 2 June – 22 October 2018, Whakapapa 16 June - 22 October 2018, Turoa 30 June - 22 October 2018.
- Night Ski Season Passes are valid on Friday and Saturday nights and every night during the July NZ School holidays from 4:30pm-8:00pm during 6 July – 29 September 2018 at Whakapapa Ski Area. (weather permitting)
- First Tracks season passes can only be purchased with a valid 2018 season pass. First Tracks will run from 8:00am-9:00am, conditions permitting. At Whakapapa it is available 6 July – 30 September 2018 on Rangatira Express. At Turoa it is available on weekends throughout the season and weekdays from July 9-20 and October 1-5 to ski and ride on Cinch and Blue Holiday runs accessed from Movenpick lift and to lap the Ngai Wai Heke Chairlift.
- Buddy Passes are valid for the same pass type as purchased or lesser value. i.e a Youth Season pass can redeem 4 x 50% off youth full day passes, an Adult Season pass can redeem 4 x adult or youth full day lift passes.
- On and off-mountain benefits are only valid for the Season Pass holder, and are not transferrable.
- Platinum Passes and associated parking passes are non-transferrable and may only be used by the person to whom they are issued. If the pass or parking pass is used by someone other than the platinum pass holder, RAL may revoke the pass for the remainder of the operational season, or commence prosecution and/or legal action.
- A 2018 Season Pass does not entitle the bearer to any free transport services offered by RAL. Shuttle charges will be advertised on www.mtruapehu.com prior to the 2018 season and be payable prior to usage.
- A 10% discount will be applied to Sledding passes with a 2018 Season Pass.
- Season and Life Pass on-mountain benefits excludes Season Rentals and Flexi Season Rentals. Discount off rental equipment applies to daily or flexi rentals only.
- Should operations continue beyond the planned winter operational season dates outlined in (7) above, this will be deemed as a separate independent event, and additional charges may apply.
- Any conduct or behaviour on a RAL ski area that is criminal, fraudulent, in breach of the Mt Ruapehu Code of Conduct, or otherwise presents a risk to the safety of any person on a RAL ski area, entitles RAL to revoke the Pass without any refund payable to the Pass holder.
- If a person to whom a pass has been issued provides any false information in connection with the purchase of any pass or product offered by RAL (including providing an incorrect age for any infant, child, youth, super or super super), RAL may at any time without notice revoke any or all passes acquired by, or on behalf of, the person who provided that false information or the person to whom that false information relates.
- Age of a Pass holder, when assessing eligibility for an infant, child, youth, adult, super or super super Pass, is as at time of purchase.
- RAL reserves the right to ask a Pass holder or a person purchasing a Pass, whether for himself/herself, or on behalf of anyone else, for proof of age at any time.
- A $5 deposit is applicable to all new cards. Lost, stolen or damaged Passes must be reported to RAL immediately. Replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged Pass will incur the $5 new card deposit.
- Photo or proof of age identification will be required when picking up your Pass, being issued a replacement Pass, or updating your photograph. In addition, RAL may use one or more gate control cameras at its RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) access control gates. These cameras capture images of persons when those persons access or use the lifts. RAL uses this system to confirm that lift Passes are used only by the correct persons.
- Holders of a Pass are subject to the same conditions applicable to all usage of the RAL ski areas, as determined by RAL from time to time at its sole discretion as available at www.mtruapehu.com/season-pass-terms/.
- A pass issued (or reloaded) by RAL to the person(s) detailed within the purchase, is considered delivery of the goods and services contracted for by the person who pays for that Pass, irrespective of method of payment. Ownership of the Pass belongs to the person named on the Pass, not the purchaser, except that parents or legal guardians will own Passes they have purchased on behalf of a minor (any person 17 years old or younger).
- RAL is not responsible for the closure of any lift, the mountain and/or Whakapapa or Turoa Ski Areas, caused by any routine maintenance, adverse weather conditions, force majeure, or other circumstances unforeseen and/or beyond RAL’s reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, RAL is not liable for any loss, damage or injury including direct, indirect or consequential loss suffered by any person arising out of or in connection with the use of the Pass. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes any right or remedies that cannot be limited or excluded, including under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- RAL reserves the right to vary and amend any of the Terms and Conditions relating to the Passes or other products offered by RAL at its sole discretion, provided that if any variation or amendment made by RAL to the Terms and Conditions is materially adverse to the Pass holder’s interests, the Pass holder may cancel their Pass and, in the case of cancelled Season Passes, RAL will refund to that Season Pass holder a pro-rata amount, less the cost of a 2018 All Mountain Day pass for each day the Season Pass has been used (such refund not to exceed the purchase price of the Season Pass).
- Definitions for Season, Lift, Multi Day, Rental and Snow Sports Products are below
A. Adult is defined as aged 18-69 years.
B. Super Super is defined as aged 70+ years and entitled to free skiing at Mt Ruapehu. Snow card fee applies.
C. Youth is defined as 5 -17 years.
D. Child is defined as aged 5-10 years (Valid for Season Pass sale only: must be purchased with an adult season or life pass)
E. Infants aged 4 or under are entitled to free skiing at Mt Ruapehu. A snow card fee will apply.
F. Student means a campus based student "studying full time" in 2018 with an Australasian tertiary institution. We define "studying full time" as a minimum of 25 hours per week for the duration of the course (minimum of 32 weeks in a calendar year). Current photo ID in English with a valid expiry date issued from the Australasian tertiary institution and an original letter from that institution confirming full time study status for 2018 must be shown. ISIC cards are not accepted. Can be purchased online, in person, over phone, email at one of our retail outlets on or off-mountain with relevant proof of enrolment. While we can accept payment and application for a student season pass now, the pass will not be issued until we have been provided with adequate proof of full time 2018 student status.
G. We reserve the right to request proof of age or eligibility at any time.
H. Age is determined at date of purchase.
2018 SEASON PASS WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Any person who buys a Season Pass from RAL for the 2018 ski season may also purchase a season pass warranty (‘Season Pass Warranty’). The Season Pass Warranty must be obtained at the same time as the Season Pass purchase.
- The Season Pass Warranty is subject to the terms and conditions below which are to be read in conjunction with all other RAL terms and conditions, and publicly posted notices and signs, except to the extent there is a conflict in which case the Terms and Conditions below prevail.
- Any Season Pass Warranty purchased only applies to the Season Pass purchased for the 2018 ski season.
- The Season Pass Warranty is personal to the person to whom the relevant Season Pass was issued and does not apply or extend to any other Season Pass holder. A Season Pass Warranty is NOT transferable and cannot be sold or exchanged.
- The Season Pass Warranty provides for a refund in the following circumstances only, provided these circumstances preclude the Season Pass holder from being able to use the Season Pass:
a. Personal injury to the Season Pass holder;
b. Severe illness of the Season Pass holder;
c. Pregnancy of the Season Pass holder; or
d. Transfer overseas or to the South Island of New Zealand for work purposes by a Season Pass holder’s employer.
- The full or partial refund will be considered and determined by RAL for the person who meets one of the above criteria only. Supporting documentation must be provided e.g. doctor’s certificate, letter from employer. All requests for refund under the terms of this Season Pass Warranty must be submitted to RAL in writing via https://goo.gl/forms/soO44bQe19ohO5Sg1 by the advertised end of the winter season date (time being of the essence, i.e. no claims will be accepted by RAL after that date).
- Any refund value where applicable, will be calculated on a pro-rata basis, less the cost of a 2018 All Mountain Day pass for each day the Season Pass had already been used. The maximum refund amount under the Season Pass Warranty shall not exceed the purchase amount of the Season Pass. Refunds will be made to the same party by the same method as used to purchase the pass, or by any other method as determined by RAL at its absolute discretion, and the Season Pass will be cancelled.
- Once purchased, the Season Pass Warranty is non-refundable and may not be cancelled by the Season Pass holder. Should a Season Pass be cancelled for any reason by RAL, the associated Season Pass Warranty shall also be cancelled.
2018 “CHILD (5-10 YEARS) SEASON PASS” TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All 2018 SEASON PASS GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS, as per above, apply.
- A 2018 “Child (5-10 Years) Season Pass” is available only with an accompanying 2018 Adult season pass purchased or current Adult Life Pass.
- This offer is limited to 2 children (age 5-10 years) per Adult season and/or Life pass. The Adult or Life Pass holder must be the parent or legal guardian of the children.
- To be eligible for the offer and child Season Pass, the children must be aged 5-10 years at time of purchase.
- A $5 card deposit is required for every new card.
- This offer is only available for the 2018 Season Pass Campaign. It is not available in conjunction with other lift pass products for the 2018 winter season.
- This offer does not apply to any other RAL and/or Mt Ruapehu products, including rentals, lesson packages, programs etc.
- RAL reserves the right to ask for proof of age or family association for the offer outlined above in order to confirm a customer’s age or family eligibility. If any false information has been provided to RAL, then RAL may revoke any or all passes acquired by, or on behalf of, the person who provided that false information or the person to whom that false information relates.
- ID that provides proof of age is required and must be provided with any application for this type of pass.
2018 SEASON RENTAL: KEEP THE EQUIPMENT FOR THE 2018 RAL SEASON
- All Equipment is priced by age of customer.
- ALL rented items must be returned to RAL’s Whakapapa Ski Area, Top of the Bruce Rd Rental Department by the close of Season, 22 October 2018. After this date you will be charged the additional purchase price for any items not returned. Any outstanding monies owed as a result of non-return will be passed onto a credit/debt collection agency.
Performance Skis and Bindings: Adult (18+) $563, Youth (11-17) $545, Child (5- 10) N/A.
Recreational S/B/P OR BnB: Adult (18+) $669, Youth (11-17) $612, Child (5- 10) $375.
Recreational Skis / Snowboard (incl bindings): Adult (18+) $405, Youth (11-17) $389, Child (5- 10) $265.
Boots only: Adult (18+) $299, Youth (11-17) $255, Child (5- 10) $119.
Poles only: Adult (18+) $35, Youth (11-17) $29, Child (5- 10) $29.
Helmet Only: All age categories $39.
- All equipment must be returned in good condition. Any repairs/replacement necessary due to damage, other than fair wear and tear, will be charged to the credit card details provided in this contract at a rate not greater than the stock replacement price.
- NO REFUNDS will be given once sizing is confirmed and stock ordered on your behalf. This date will be confirmed by the Season Rental Coordinator.
- The customer shall incur any expenses, disbursements and legal costs incurred by RAL in the collection of any overdue amounts outstanding.
- All insurance costs and contracts are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- If your assigned Season Rental equipment is lost or stolen, the full purchase price is the responsibility of the purchaser.
2018 SEASON FLEXI RENTAL: EXPRESS PICK-UP YOUR EQUIPMENT EACH VISIT - SUPER CONVENIENT – NO CARRYING GEAR IN YOUR CAR OR ON THE BUS.
- After your initial fitting, every time you choose to come up for a day/days on the snow, please book by 4pm the previous day for their preferred pickup location via firstname.lastname@example.org. Booking to include; Person(s), Location, Number of Days.
- Equipment will be prepared for a queue free collection at lift opening times at Whakapapa or Turoa from a dedicated collection point.
- If you decide last minute to go to the other side of the mountain (due to bad weather or preference), gear can be prepared there as well, just notify us asap.
- Gear may be kept for consecutive days on the mountain, but needs to be returned to our rental department when you leave the mountain after your visit.
- Please note: if gear is kept for extended periods of time (different from booking) or taken away from RAL ski fields you will be charged the full Season Rental (traditional - ‘keep at home’) price for the equipment.
THE MT RUAPEHU CODE OF CONDUCT
STAY IN CONTROL AT ALL TIMES
Ride to the conditions.
Control your speed.
Don’t lose what you use, your equipment or rubbish.
RESPECT GETS RESPECT
Give way to riders below.
Share the slopes and give each other space.
Obey ski area signage – it’s for your safety.
At Mt Ruapehu we endorse the New Zealand Snow Safety Code
ON LINE PURCHASING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- A card processing fee of 1.75% of the purchase price will apply to any purchases made from Ruapehu Alpine Lifts (‘RAL’) by credit card or debit card.
- RAL will use reasonable endeavours to process electronic payment transactions in a timely and secure manner. However, RAL makes no warranties or representations regarding the time required to initiate or complete the processing of any transaction, and does not warrant or represent: (i) that your access to and use of RAL’s website (“Website”) including the payment facility will be continuous, uninterrupted, error free or secure; (ii) that any defects in the Website, including the payment facility, will be corrected, (iii) that this Website, its servers and any network connections are free of computer viruses, Trojans, or other harmful data, code, components or other material; (iv) that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate access, use, modification or alteration of the Website including the payment facility; (v) that it will give notice of any such access, use, modification or alteration; (vi) the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability, quality or otherwise of the Website (or its content) including the payment facility. The use of the Website and any services available through the Website, including the payment facility, is at your own risk.
- Where goods or services are listed on this Website with an incorrect price or with incorrect information, RAL reserves the right to cancel your order (regardless of whether you have made payment for that order). Where you have already made payment for an order that is subsequently cancelled by us, RAL will refund the amount paid by you in relation to that order.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, RAL will not be liable to you for any loss or liability of any kind caused by any delay or failure outside RAL’s reasonable control to provide information or perform operations (including electronic payment processing) requested or do so correctly, including as a result of or in connection with (i) any delay or failure in any transmission or communication facilities; (ii) any delay, failure or malfunction of the Website including the payment facility; (iii) any failure or delay caused by any third party including any internet service provider, carrier or communications service provider, financial institution, or payments service provider; (iv) delay, failure or malfunction of computer or network equipment, telephone line, browser, software, mobile phone or other handheld device, or any related equipment or facilities; (v) computer viruses or other harmful data, code, components or other material; or (vi) any event beyond the reasonable control of RAL.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, RAL’s liability to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss, damage, or injury shall be limited to the amounts paid by you to RAL in relation to the goods or services giving rise to the claim. Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude any of your rights that cannot, at law, be excluded, including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- You must not use or access the electronic payment facility on the Website except strictly in accordance with the requirements and procedures set out on the Website from time to time and in accordance with all applicable laws. You are responsible for entering the correct account details and card number and other details required by the electronic payment facility on this Website, and for maintaining the security of your computer software and hardware. Your submission of an order to purchase goods or services via the Website constitutes an offer subject to acceptance by RAL. You agree to pay for your orders by authorising RAL or our nominated third-party payment service to charge your bank account or credit card account for the total price of the goods or services ordered and the applicable delivery charges (if any). RAL may amend any such payment requirements or procedures at any time.
- RAL strongly recommends that you obtain travel insurance and RAL will not be responsible for any costs, loss of deposits or payments made, or other fees incurred due to cancellations resulting from unforeseen circumstances, medical conditions, changes to travel plans, or for any other events or circumstances not within our reasonable control.
- Where the words ‘include’, ‘includes’, or ‘including’ are used, such words shall be deemed to be followed by the words ‘without limitation’.
- You consent to receive communications from RAL electronically and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You agree to be bound by any agreement reached through electronic communications in terms of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.
- Except as otherwise described, all materials on this Website are made available only to provide information about this Website, and the goods or services which may be ordered from this Website. Details contained on this Website relating to the goods and services and the sale of the goods and services through this Website have been prepared in accordance with New Zealand law and may not satisfy the laws of any other country. RAL makes no representations or warranties as to whether or not the goods or services available from this Website are appropriate or available for use in other countries. If you choose to access this Website from outside New Zealand you are responsible for compliance with applicable local law.
- If goods or services available on this Website do not satisfy the laws of your jurisdiction, you must not order any goods or services through this Website.
- These terms (and any contracts between you and us which arise through your use of this Website) shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand and the courts of New Zealand shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine any dispute arising in relation to these terms (and any contracts between you and us which arise through your use of this Website). You submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand and agree that the courts of New Zealand are a convenient forum in which to resolve any dispute arising in relation to these terms (and any contracts between you and us which arise through your use of this Website).
- RAL reserves the right to change these terms from time to time by publishing the changed terms on this Website. When revised terms are published on this Website, all orders submitted by you after the revised terms are published shall be subject to the revised terms. Your continued use of this Website or our services following such notification means that you agree to be bound by the terms as amended.