Well here it is - all the 'legal stuff'. This document exists to help you use and understand this website and our policies.
Ruapehu Alpine Lifts Ltd
Bruce Road, Private Bag 71902, Mt Ruapehu 3951, New Zealand
Phone: +64 7 892 4000
What personal information does RAL collect from me?
We do not collect personal information from or through this website, except where you willingly provide it. However, if you do not provide certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
- If you contact RAL we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- RAL occasionally asks users to complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
- Ruapehu Alpine Lifts uses RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology in membership, life, flexi, and season pass products. The RFID pass is encoded with a guest number only and contains no other personal information. We use this technology to allow you access to the lifts when a valid access product is loaded against it. We will record when and where this access occurs for purposes of validating pass usage and reporting.
__What other information does RAL collect when I use RAL’s website? __
When you use this website we may collect and store the following information about your visit:
a) The IP address of your machine when connected to the Internet
b) The date and time you are visiting
c) The operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine you are using
d) The URL’s of the pages you visit.
What are cookies and does RAL use them?
How does RAL use my personal information?
- provide you with products and services and information on products and services;
- provide you with information (including promotional material and news) where you agree to receive such information;
- improve or update this website and our information and services;
- communicate with you;
- analyse usage of this website; and
- personalise this website to your preferences.
With whom does RAL share my information?
We may disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained from you:
- for the purposes identified in the ‘How does RAL use my personal information?’ section above;
- if you have authorised us to do so;
- if we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure;
- where we reasonably believe that the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual's life, health or safety;
- to third parties contracted by us in order to perform services. For example, we may share your personal information with third party data processing agents such as our email marketing provider for any of the purposes described in this policy. We will take reasonable steps to require these third parties to comply with our instructions and not use - your personal information for any other purpose;
- if we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information; or
- as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 1993.
What is the RAL’s policy on allowing me to access, correct, or delete my personal information?
You may request access to, deletion of, or correction of, any personal information that we hold concerning you by contacting us via phone, fax, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by logging into your account for this website using your email address and password. To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to such personal information as soon as possible.
How does RAL store my personal information?
Personal information collected on this website is held by Ruapehu Alpine Lifts Limited. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information that is held by us from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, RAL cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet.
What about third party websites?
This website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When you visit third party websites from hyperlinks displayed on this website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide may be collected, stored, used and disclosed.