RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS SKI & RIDE SCHOOL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Unless otherwise stated, Ski & Ride School products (Group & Private lessons, and Programmes) do not include a lit pass.
Lessons are booked at either Turoa or Whakapapa ski area – any request to change a lesson from one ski area to the other must be made in advance, as will be subject to availability at that time.
61. Group & Private Lessons (including packages with Group Lessons)
- ‘Lessons’ includes all Private Lessons, Youth or Adult Group Lessons and Group Lesson Packages, which are booked in advance of the lesson date at an RAL office or via website/phone/email.
- In the case of Lesson cancellation due to ski area closure, or customer illness/injury with accompanying medical certificate, the Lesson may be rescheduled to another date in the current season, or refunded in full.
- In the case of Lesson cancellation by the customer for any other reason more than 72 hours prior to the Lesson start time, the Lesson may be rescheduled to another date in the current season, or refund in full.
- In the case of Lesson cancellation/rescheduling by the customer for any reason within 72 hours of the lesson start time, an admin fee of $50 is applicable i.e. this fee will either be charged upon rescheduling or will be deducted from the value of the product refund.
- In the case of Lesson cancellation as a result of a “no show” at the time and place booked, no refund or reschedule is available.
- If a Group Lesson consists of three or fewer participants, the Lesson duration may be altered.
- Programmes include all multi-weekend Programmes (e.g. Academy, Team Ruapehu), and all 3-day to 5-day Programmes (e.g. Holiday crew, Women’s/Men’s weeks).
- Where a Programme is purchased, and it is later identified that the participant is not at the required skiing/riding ability, a transfer to the appropriate Programme is available at no additional fee. If there is a difference in price, we will charge extra or refund based on the prices when the original purchase was made
- If an appropriate Programme is not available, a refund will be provided. This is only available on day one of the Programme and must be raised with Programmes Coordinator/Head Coach on the same day.
- In the case of any entire Programme or Programme day(s) cancellation due to customer illness/injury with accompanying medical certificate, a refund will be provided (on a pro-rata basis where applicable).
- No refunds due to missed Programme days, except in the case of medical illness/injury (see above). If the Programme is relocated to beginner terrain due to weather conditions or lift status, the Programme will still continue and any missed days by the customer will be forfeited.
- Where off-snow activities are provided as part of a Programme, these are optional, however no partial refund or discount is available for opting out.
- In the case of any programme day cancellation due to ski area closure, alternative activities may be provided at an off-mountain location. If an alternative activity is not provided, or attendance is not possible due to safety concerns around access from a club lodge (e.g. road or weather conditions), a refund may be calculated on a pro-rata basis and provided in the form of Ruapehu Activity dollars only.
- If a Programme group consists of three or fewer participants, the standard Programme duration (days &/or hours) may be altered.
- A 3-day to 5-day Programme (such as Women’s Week or Men’s Week) may be consolidated into fewer days due to either a lower number of participants or due to weather.