2019 RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFT SEASON PASS TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions apply to all Ruapehu Alpine Lifts Limited (‘RAL’) Pass holders, including persons who hold day Passes, Flexi Passes, Season Passes, Life Passes, Night Ski Passes, and Sightseeing Passes (each, a ‘Pass’). By purchasing a Pass and/or using RAL’s services, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and you agree to be bound by them. Pass holders are permitted to use RAL’s services only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- A card processing fee of 1.75% of the purchase price will apply to any purchases made from RAL by credit card or debit card.
- Passes are non-refundable, except where permitted under a Season Pass Warranty that has also been purchased. Terms and conditions for the Season Pass Warranty are set out below.
- Passes are not transferable and may only be used by the person to whom they are issued, as recorded by RAL on the Pass. The person to whom the Pass has been issued is responsible for the safekeeping of the Pass.
- If the Pass is used by someone other than the Pass Holder, as named on the Pass, and that use is not authorised by RAL, RAL may revoke the Pass for the remainder of the operational season, or commence prosecution and/or legal action.
- Passes must be carried by the Pass holder at all times while skiing, boarding or sightseeing at Whakapapa and Turoa ski areas.
- Passes can only be used during the winter operational seasons of RAL ski areas. The winter operational seasons are determined by RAL at its absolute discretion and are subject to snow and weather conditions, and RAL having a licence to operate the ski areas at such times.
- 2019 planned winter operational seasons for RAL ski areas are as follows: Happy Valley 1 June – 13 October 2019, Whakapapa 22 June - 28 October 2019, Turoa 29 June - 28 October 2019. Subject to weather and snow conditions.
- Night Skiing is included on 2019 Season Passes and is planned to operate on Friday and Saturday nights from 5 July until 28 September and every night during the July NZ School holidays during 5 July – 21 July from 4:30pm-8:00pm at Whakapapa Ski Area. (Subject to Snow and Weather conditions)
- First Tracks Season Pass Upgrades can only be purchased with a valid 2019 season Pass. First Tracks will run from 8:00am-9:00am, conditions permitting. At Whakapapa it is available 6 July – 28 September 2019 on Rangatira Express. At Turoa it is available from 6 July – 6 October to ski and ride on Cinch and Blue Holiday trails on the Nga Wai Heke Chairlift accessed by the Movenpick Chairlift.
- Buddy Passes are valid for the same Pass type as purchased or lesser value. i.e a Youth Season Pass can redeem 4 x 50% off youth full day Passes, an Adult Season Pass can redeem 4 x 50% off adult or youth full day lift Passes. Buddy Passes can only be purchased on-site at our off-mountain stores or on-mountain at Customer Relations. Season Pass holders must be present to purchase the Buddy Passes and a date of use must be specified. No refunds/exchanges are due if Passes are not used on the dates specified at time of purchase.
- On and off-mountain benefits are only valid for the Season Pass holder, and are not transferrable. On-mountain Discounts apply from time of purchase (no earlier than 15 October 2018) until 30 November 2019. International resort benefits apply for the Northern Hemisphere winter season following the 2019 NZ Winter Season– ie 2019 Season Pass international benefits can only be used in the 2019/2020 Northern Hemisphere winter.
- Platinum Passes and associated Parking Passes are non-transferrable and may only be used by the person to whom they are issued. If the Pass or Parking Pass is used by someone other than the Platinum Pass holder, RAL may revoke the Pass for the remainder of the operational season, or commence prosecution and/or legal action. Platinum Passes are valid for the 2019 season only.
- A 2019 Season Pass does not entitle the bearer to any free transport services offered by RAL. Shuttle charges will be advertised on www.mtruapehu.com prior to the 2019 season and be payable prior to usage.
- A 10% discount will be applied to Sledding Passes with a 2019 Season Pass.
- Season and Life Pass on-mountain benefits exclude Season Rentals. Discount off rental equipment applies to daily or flexi rentals only.
- Season and Life Pass on-mountain benefits exclude Ski & Ride School programme and package products.
- Should operations continue beyond the planned winter operational season dates outlined in (7) and (8) above, this will be deemed as a separate independent event, and additional charges may apply.
- Any conduct or behaviour on a RAL ski area that is criminal, fraudulent, in breach of the Mt Ruapehu Code of Conduct, or otherwise presents a risk to the safety of any person on a RAL ski area, entitles RAL to revoke the Pass without any refund payable to the Pass holder.
- If a person to whom a Pass has been issued provides any false information regarding the purchase of any Pass or product offered by RAL (including providing an incorrect age for any infant, child, youth, or super super), RAL may at any time without notice revoke any or all Passes acquired by, or on behalf of, the person who provided that false information or the person to whom that false information relates.
- Age of a Pass holder, when assessing eligibility for an Infant, Child, Youth, Adult, Super or Super Super Pass, is as at time of purchase.
- RAL reserves the right to ask a Pass holder or a person purchasing a Pass, whether for himself/herself, or on behalf of anyone else, for proof of age at any time.
- A $5 non-refundable card fee is applicable to all new cards. Lost, stolen or damaged Passes must be reported to RAL immediately. Replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged Pass will incur the $5 new card fee.
- Photo or proof of age identification will be required when picking up your Pass, being issued a replacement Pass, or updating your photograph. In addition, RAL may use one or more gate control cameras at its RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) access control gates. These cameras capture images of persons when those persons access or use the lifts. RAL uses this system to confirm that Lift Passes are used only by the correct persons.
- Photographs or videos taken by you must be for your own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purpose. From time to time you might be monitored by the company and CCTV cameras may be in use. RAL reserves the right to photograph guests at any time for security purposes or for use in connection with the promotional activities and general commercial operations of the Company. You expressly agree to the use of your image and likeness for these purposes without compensation.
- A Pass issued (or reloaded) by RAL to the person(s) detailed within the purchase, is considered delivery of the goods and services contracted for by the person who pays for that Pass, irrespective of method of payment. Ownership of the Pass belongs to the person named on the Pass, not the purchaser, except that parents or legal guardians will own Passes they have purchased on behalf of a minor (any person 17 years old or younger).
- RAL will attempt to post out all 2019 season Passes prior to the 2019 season commencing, however if yours does not arrive by post, you can collect from any of our Customer Relations offices on or off mountain at any time after your purchase is confirmed.
- RAL is not responsible for the closure of any lift, the mountain and/or Whakapapa or Turoa Ski Areas, caused by any routine maintenance, adverse weather conditions, force majeure, or other circumstances unforeseen and/or beyond RAL’s reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, RAL is not liable for any loss, damage or injury including direct, indirect or consequential loss suffered by any person arising out of or in connection with the use of the Pass. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes any right or remedies that cannot be limited or excluded, including under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- RAL reserves the right to vary and amend any of the Terms and Conditions relating to the Passes or other products offered by RAL at its sole discretion, provided that if any variation or amendment made by RAL to the Terms and Conditions is materially adverse to the Pass holder’s interests, the Pass holder may cancel their Pass and, in the case of cancelled Season Passes, RAL will refund to that Season Pass holder a pro-rata amount, less the cost of a 2019 All Mountain Day Pass for each day the Season Pass has been used (such refund not to exceed the purchase price of the Season Pass).
- Definitions for Season, Lift, Multi-Day, Rental and Ski & Ride School products are below
A. Adult is defined as aged 18+ years.
B. Super Super is defined as aged 70+ years and the free skiing offer is only valid for purchase in October 2018 – April 2019 Earlybird sale to previous holders of an RAL Season Pass. A non-refundable $5 card fee will apply.
C. Super is defined as 65+ years with a valid NZ Super Gold Card.
D. Youth is defined as 5 -17 years.
E. Child is defined as aged 5-10 years (Must be purchased with an adult Season or Life Pass).
F. Infants aged 4 or under are entitled to free skiing at Mt Ruapehu. A $5 non-refundable card fee will apply.
G. Tertiary Student means a campus based student "studying full time" in 2019 with an Australasian tertiary institution. We define "studying full time" as a minimum of 25 hours per week for the duration of the course (minimum of 32 weeks in a calendar year). Current photo ID in English with a valid expiry date issued from the Australasian tertiary institution and an original letter from that institution confirming full time study status for 2019 must be shown. ISIC cards are not accepted. Can be purchased online, in person, over the phone or at one of our retail outlets on or off-mountain with relevant proof of enrolment. Tertiary Student Passes will be available to purchase from 1 Jan 2019.
H. We reserve the right to request proof of age or eligibility at any time.
I. Age is determined at date of purchase.
2019 SEASON PASS WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Any person who buys a Season Pass from RAL for the 2019 ski season may also purchase a Season Pass warranty (‘Season Pass Warranty’). The Season Pass Warranty must be obtained at the same time as the Season Pass purchase.
- The Season Pass Warranty is subject to the terms and conditions below which are to be read in conjunction with all other RAL terms and conditions, and publicly posted notices and signs, except to the extent there is a conflict in which case the Terms and Conditions below prevail.
- Any Season Pass Warranty purchased only applies to the Season Pass purchased for the 2019 ski season.
- The Season Pass Warranty is personal to the person to whom the relevant Season Pass was issued and does not apply or extend to any other Season Pass holder. A Season Pass Warranty is NOT transferable and cannot be sold or exchanged.
- The Season Pass Warranty provides for a refund in the following circumstances only, provided these circumstances preclude the Season Pass holder from being able to use the Season Pass:
a) Personal injury to the Season Pass holder;
b) Severe illness of the Season Pass holder;
c) Pregnancy of the Season Pass holder; or
d) Transfer overseas or to the South Island of New Zealand for work purposes by a Season Pass holder’s employer.
- The full or partial refund will be considered and determined by RAL for the person who meets one of the above criteria only. Supporting documentation must be provided e.g. doctor’s certificate, letter from employer.
- All requests for refund under the terms of this Season Pass Warranty must be submitted to RAL in writing via https://goo.gl/forms/c8vSIwf182YB0WjZ2 by the advertised end of the winter season date (time being of the essence, i.e. no claims will be accepted by RAL after that date).
- Any refund value where applicable, will be calculated on a pro-rata basis, less the cost of a 2019 All Mountain Day Pass for each day the Season Pass had already been used. The maximum refund amount under the Season Pass Warranty shall not exceed the purchase amount of the Season Pass. Refunds will be made to the same party by the same method as used to purchase the Pass, or by any other method as determined by RAL at its absolute discretion, and the Season Pass will be cancelled.
- Once purchased, the Season Pass Warranty is non-refundable and may not be cancelled by the Season Pass holder. Should a Season Pass be cancelled for any reason by RAL, the associated Season Pass Warranty shall also be cancelled.
2019 “CHILD (5-10 YEARS) SEASON PASS” TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All 2019 SEASON PASS GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS, as per above, apply.
- A 2019 “Child (5-10 Years) Season Pass” is available only with an accompanying 2019 Adult Season Pass purchased or current Adult Life Pass.
- This offer is limited to 2 children (aged 5-10 years) per Adult Season and/or Life Pass. The Adult or Life Pass holder must be the parent or legal guardian of the children.
- To be eligible for the offer and child Season Pass, the children must be aged 5-10 years at time of purchase.
- A $5 non-refundable card fee is required for every new card.
- This offer is not available in conjunction with other lift Pass products for the 2019 winter season.
- This offer does not apply to any other RAL and/or Mt Ruapehu products, including rentals, lesson packages, programmes etc.
- RAL reserves the right to ask for proof of age (i.e. birth certificate/Passport) or family association for the offer outlined above in order to confirm a customer’s age or family eligibility. If any false information has been provided to RAL, then RAL may revoke any or all Passes acquired by, or on behalf of, the person who provided that false information or the person to whom that false information relates.
- ID that provides proof of age is required and must be provided with any application for this type of Pass.
- The 4 Buddy Passes are available for the same age group or younger, therefore are valid for individuals aged 5-10 years only.
THE MT RUAPEHU CODE OF CONDUCT
- STAY IN CONTROL AT ALL TIMES
Ride to the conditions.
Control your speed.
Don’t lose what you use, your equipment or rubbish.
- RESPECT GETS RESPECT
Give way to riders below.
Share the slopes and give each other space.
Obey ski area signage – it’s for your safety.
At Mt Ruapehu we endorse the New Zealand Snow Safety Code