RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS CODE OF CONDUCT
At Mt Ruapehu, we want everyone to have a good day when visiting
Be a good person
- Show courtesy to other guests and our staff
- We can be busy – plan ahead & be patient
- Your pass is only for you
While you’re on the snow
STAY IN CONTROL AT ALL TIMES
- Ride to the conditions.
- Control your speed.
- Don’t lose what you use; take equipment & rubbish with you.
RESPECT GETS RESPECT
- Give way to riders below.
- Share the slopes and give each other space.
- Obey ski area signage – it's for your safety.
If you’re disregarding the rules for conduct, service may be refused, your pass can be suspended or cancelled, or a ban/trespass may be issued.
RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions replace any past agreements with RAL and outlines terms of service for the 2022 winter season.
2022 planned summer operations at Whakapapa are: 03 December 2021 – 1 May 2022.
- Standard operational hours are 10am to 4pm
- Dates and times are subject to weather and snow conditions
For the 2022 planned winter season:
- 23 June 2022 to 2 October for Happy Valley
- 8 July 2022 to 24 October for Whakapapa
- 9 July 2022 to 24 October for Tūroa
Standard operational hours are 9am to 4pm
Dates and times are subject to weather and snow conditions
Should operations continue beyond the planned winter operational season dates outlined in (2) above, this will be deemed as a separate independent event, and additional charges may apply. However, season passes purchased in October for the following year may be used to access this event.
A card processing fee of 1.75% of the purchase price will apply to any purchases made from RAL by credit card, or debit card when the card holder is not present.
A $5 non-refundable card fee is applicable to all new pass cards (‘snow cards’). Lost, stolen or damaged snow cards must be reported to RAL immediately. Replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged snow card will incur the $5 new snow card fee.
These terms and conditions apply to all Ruapehu Alpine Lifts Limited (‘RAL’) Pass Holders, including persons who hold Day Passes, Flexi Passes, Season Passes, Life Passes, Night Ski Passes, Sightseeing Passes and Sledding Passes. (each, a ‘Pass’).
By purchasing a Pass, Rental, or Ski & Ride school product and/or using RAL’s services, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and you agree to be bound by them. Pass Holders are permitted to use RAL’s services only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Definitions for Season, Lift, Multi-day, Rental and Ski & Ride School products are below:
- Adult is defined as aged 18+ years.
- Super Super is defined as aged 70+ years and the free skiing offer is valid for previous holders of an RAL Season Pass
- Super is defined as 65+ years with a valid NZ Super Gold Card
- Youth is defined as 5 - 17 years
- Infants aged 4 or under are entitled to free skiing at Mt Ruapehu
- RAL forbids infants being carried while using lifts or while skiing/riding due to safety concerns.
- To mitigate the event that any accident causes harm beyond the infant’s control, we will refuse access to infants being carried by skiers/snowboarders/sightseeing customers.
- In order to ride our lifts, infants must be ambulatory on their own skis or snowboards
- RAL reserves the right to refuse access to any infants due to potential for exposure in the event of a unscheduled lift stoppage.
Age of a Pass Holder, when assessing eligibility for an Infant, Youth, Adult, or Super is as at time of purchase. Age of a Pass Holder, when assessing eligibility for a Super Super Pass, is at time of first use.
Tertiary Student means an enrolled student with a New Zealand tertiary institution.
- Current photo ID in English with a valid expiry date issued from the New Zealand tertiary institution and letter or email confirming enrolment must be shown. ISIC cards are not accepted
- Can be purchased online or in person at one of our retail outlets on or off-mountain with relevant proof of enrolment
- Tertiary Student Passes will be available to purchase from 1 March 2022 until sold out
- The ‘Tertiary Student’ category is applicable to Season Passes only. No day or multiday rates are available for students on any passes or other products
- We reserve the right to request proof of age or eligibility at any time
- Age is determined at date of purchase
RAL reserves the right to vary and amend any of the Terms and Conditions relating to the passes or other products offered by RAL at its sole discretion.
If any variation or amendment made by RAL to the Terms and Conditions is materially averse to the Pass Holder’s interests, RAL may offer to refund the pass.
Any refund offered to that Season Pass Holder shall be a pro-rated amount, less the cost of a full mountain Anytime Day Pass for each day the Season Pass has been used (any such refund not to exceed the purchase price of the Season Pass).
Where goods or services are advertised with an incorrect price or with incorrect information, RAL reserves the right to cancel your order/purchase (regardless of whether you have made payment for that order).
Where you have already made payment for an order that is subsequently cancelled by us, RAL will refund the amount paid by you in relation to that order.
A Pass issued (or reloaded) by RAL to the person(s) detailed within the purchase, is considered delivery of the goods and services contracted for by the person who pays for that Pass, irrespective of method of payment.
Ownership of the Pass belongs to the person named on the Pass, not the purchaser, except that parents or legal guardians will own Passes they have purchased on behalf of a minor (any person 17 years old or younger).
Photographs or videos taken by you must be for your own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purpose. From time to time you might be monitored by the company and CCTV cameras may be in use.
RAL reserves the right to photograph guests at any time for security purposes or for use in connection with the promotional activities and general commercial operations of the Company. You expressly agree to the use of your image and likeness for these purposes without compensation.
RAL is not responsible for the closure of any lift, the mountain and/or Whakapapa or Tūroa Ski Areas, caused by any routine maintenance, adverse weather conditions, force majeure, acts of God, travel restrictions, Covid-19 restrictions, or other circumstances unforeseen and/or beyond RAL’s reasonable control.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- RAL is not liable for any loss, damage or injury including direct, indirect or consequential loss suffered by any person arising out of or in connection with the use of the Pass.
- RAL’s liability to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss, damage, or injury shall be limited to the amounts paid by you to RAL in relation to the goods or services giving rise to the claim.
Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes any right or remedies that cannot be limited or excluded, including under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
2022 RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS PASS HOLDER TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to all Ruapehu Alpine Lifts Limited (‘RAL’) Pass Holders, including persons who hold Day Passes, Flexi Passes, Season Passes, Life Passes, Night Ski Passes, Sightseeing Passes, and Sledding Passes (each, a ‘Pass’).
By purchasing a Pass and/or using RAL’s services, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and you agree to be bound by them. Pass Holders are permitted to use RAL’s services only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Season Passes are non-refundable, except where permitted under a Season Pass Warranty that has also been purchased. Terms and conditions for the Season Pass Warranty are set out below.
Season Passes will not be refunded due to weather, full or partial ski area closure, Covid-19 restrictions preventing travel,or other operating contingencies affecting any lift, run, area or facility.
A discounted Youth Pass may only be redeemed during the Early Bird Sale, and must be purchased in the same transaction as an Adult Season Pass.
Any Infant, Youth or Super Super Season Pass requires proof of age to be validated, in order to confirm eligibility, even if this has been supplied in previous seasons.
Life Passes and Life+ Passes are non-refundable under any circumstances.
Life+ Passes can be transferred once by the initial Pass Holder within 10 years of the date of purchase.
Single Day Passes & Rental Passes are valid for any day throughout the 2022 winter season across both Tūroa and Whakapapa. In the case of weather conditions impacting all lift facility operations, or in the case of road closures or capacity management preventing access to the Ski Area, these passes are refundable if all of the below criteria is met:
- The refund is requested on the day of intended use & the refund is authorised by Guest Services staff.
- The pass is unused
- As any unused day pass can be used for any other day throughout the operational season, any refund request will be subject to an admin fee of $25 per person.
- All refunds will be applied to the initial means of payment.
Multi-day passes are valid on any days throughout the 2022 planned winter operational season, and as such:
- Are designated as “Anytime” and not subject to differential pricing between weekend and weekday usage.
- No refunds are available.
Platinum Season Passes and associated parking passes are non-transferrable and may only be used by the person to whom they are issued. Platinum Season Passes are valid during the 2022 planned winter operational season only. A non-refundable card fee of $10 is applicable for a replacement card
On-mountain and off-mountain benefits are only valid for the Pass Holder and are not transferrable. These are at the discretion of RAL and change from year to year.
Any pass discounts will only be available on products purchased after the date a pass is purchased. (no earlier than 22 October 2021) until 30 November 2022.
No retrospective discounts are to be applied to any product including Platinum Pass, Rentals and Ski & Ride School products.
All 2022 Pass Holders must update their profile with a recent photograph and contact details prior to first use of the pass for the 2022 season.
A single-day or multi-day Anytime Day Pass, or Anytime Season Pass provides access to Tūroa and Whakapapa Ski area lifts between the standard operational hours on any day of the week throughout the planned winter operational season.
A Weekday Day Pass or Weekday Season Pass provides access to both Tūroa or Whakapapa Ski Area lifts Monday to Friday between the standard operational hours, throughout the planned operational season.
Adult & Youth Season Passes, each receive four (4) Buddy Passes which entitle a ‘buddy’ to ski for 50% off a full-priced Anytime, Weekday or Beginner Day Pass.
- Super Super or Infant Season Passes do not receive Buddy passes.
- Buddy Passes are valid for the same Pass type as purchased or lesser value. i.e a Youth Season Pass can redeem 4 x 50% off Youth Anytime, Weekday or Beginner Passes, an Adult Season Pass can redeem 4 x 50% off Adult or Youth Anytime, Weekday or Beginner Lift Passes.
- No refunds/exchanges are due if Passes are not used on the dates specified at time of purchase.
Season Passes can be collected from any Mt Ruapehu Click and Collect location or on mountain at Tūroa or Whakapapa from Guest Services.
RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS PASS BENEFITS TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All offers are available on presentation of your valid 2022 Season Pass with proof of purchase (confirmation email is sufficient) or Life Pass from Mt Ruapehu, plus your personal identification. If you have lost or misplaced your proof of purchase, YOU are responsible for contacting RAL prior to your South Island visit to have this sent to you again. Products and/or prices may be subject to change without notice.
Season Pass Holders:
- 15% off full-priced food and beverage (excludes alcohol, combos, end-of-day clearance products)
- 15% off full price retail purchases at Vertical Retail (excludes GoPro cameras and C6 skis)
- 15% off group lessons
- 15% off daily rentals
- 15% off in the workshop
- 15% off sledding passes
- Buddy Passes: 4x 50% off full-price Day Passes (Discount applies to Anytime, Weekday or Beginner full day lift pass prices for Season Pass type or below)
- 50% off summer sightseeing (Sky Waka only, does not apply to combos)
Life Pass Holders:
- 15% off full-priced food and beverage (excludes alcohol, combos, end-of-day clearance products)
- 15% off full price retail purchases at Vertical Retail (excludes GoPro cameras and C6 skis)
- 15% off group lessons
- 15% off daily rentals
- 15% off in the workshop
- 15% off sledding passes
- Buddy Passes: 4x 50% off full-price Day Passes (Discount applies to Anytime, Weekday or Beginner full day lift pass prices for Life Pass age category or below)
- FREE summer sightseeing
Platinum Pass Holders:
- Premium Parking at Whakapapa and Tūroa Ski Areas, Weekday or Anytime depending on the pass type purchased
- 20% off full-priced food and beverage (excludes alcohol, combos, end-of-day clearance products)
- 20% off full price retail purchases at Vertical Retail (excludes GoPro cameras and C6 skis)
- 20% off group lessons
- 20% off daily rentals
- 20% off in the workshop
- 20% off sledding passes
RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS SEASON PASS WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Any person who buys a Season Pass from RAL for the 2022 ski season may also purchase a Season Pass Warranty (‘Season Pass Warranty’). The Season Pass Warranty must be obtained at the same time as the Season Pass purchase.
The Season Pass Warranty is subject to the terms and conditions below which are to be read in conjunction with all other RAL terms and conditions, and publicly posted notices and signs, except to the extent there is a conflict in which case the Terms and Conditions below prevail.
Any Season Pass Warranty purchased only applies to the Season Pass purchased for the 2022 winter season and is valid for use once.
The Season Pass Warranty is personal to the person to whom the relevant Season Pass was issued and does not apply or extend to any other Season Pass Holder. A Season Pass Warranty is NOT transferable and cannot be sold or exchanged.
The Season Pass Warranty provides for a full or partial refund in the following circumstances only, provided these circumstances preclude the Season Pass Holder from being able to use the Season Pass:
- Personal injury to the Season Pass Holder;
- Severe illness of the Season Pass Holder;
- Pregnancy of the Season Pass Holder; or
- Transfer overseas or to the South Island of New Zealand for work purposes by the Pass Holder’s employer.
The full or partial refund will be considered and determined by RAL for the person holding a Season Pass Warranty, who meets one of the above criteria. Supporting documentation must be provided e.g. doctor’s certificate, letter from employer.
If a full refund is available, the Pass Holder may choose either the full refund, or to transfer the pass to the following year.
All requests for refund under the terms of this Season Pass Warranty must be submitted to RAL in writing by the advertised end of the winter season date (time being of the essence, i.e. no claims will be accepted by RAL after that date).
AAny refund value where applicable, will be calculated on a pro-rata basis, less the cost of a 2022 All Mountain Day Pass (Anytime day pass for an Anytime Season Pass, and Weekday day pass for a Weekday Season Pass) for each day the Season Pass had already been used.
The maximum refund amount under the Season Pass Warranty shall not exceed the purchase amount of the Season Pass. Refunds will be made to the same party by the same method as used to purchase the Pass, or by any other method as determined by RAL at its absolute discretion, and the Season Pass will be cancelled.
Once purchased, the Season Pass Warranty is non-refundable and may not be cancelled by the Season Pass Holder. Should a Season Pass be cancelled for any reason by RAL, the associated Season Pass Warranty shall also be cancelled.
RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS PASS USE, SECURITY & FRAUD TERMS & CONDITIONS
Passes are not transferable and may only be used by the person to whom they are issued, as recorded by RAL on the Pass. The person to whom the Pass has been issued is responsible for the safekeeping of the Pass.
Passes must always be carried by the Pass Holder while skiing, snowboarding, sightseeing or sledding at Whakapapa and Tūroa ski areas; any staff member may request to see your pass, and identification may be requested to prove identity.
RAL reserves the right to ask a Pass Holder or a person purchasing a Pass, whether for themselves, or on behalf of anyone else, for proof of age and identification at any time.
Photo identification will be required when picking up your snow card, being issued a replacement, or updating your photograph.
RAL may request that your details and/or photograph are updated periodically. If required, a temporary pass block may be placed on your pass in order to prompt this update prior to use.
RAL may use gate control cameras, or individuals at its RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) access control gates to identify persons when those persons access or use the lifts. RAL uses this system to confirm that Lift Passes are used only by the correct persons.
Any fraudulent use of your Pass, by you or a third party, will automatically result in a twelve month ban from Tūroa & Whakapapa for the named Pass Holder and the person fraudulently using the pass.
Platinum Passes (and the associated parking benefit) are non-transferable and may only be used by the person to whom they are issued, and for the period of time they are issued. If the Platinum Pass is used by someone other than the Platinum Pass Holder, it will result in a twelve month ban from Tūroa and Whakapapa for the Pass Holder and the person fraudulently using the pass.
Teaching lessons at Tūroa and Whakapapa is only allowable through our Ski & Ride teams.
- A Pass Holder delivering a professionally delivered lesson (paid or unpaid) will be referred to NZ Police for a complaint of theft of services, as well as immediate trespass from RAL facilities (and by extension all Ski Area Association of New Zealand ski areas) for two years. Details will also be passed to any appropriate national instructor body for their action
- A Pass Holder taking part in a professionally delivered lesson (paid or unpaid) will receive in a twelve month ban from Tūroa & Whakapapa ski areas
- RAL makes the sole decision on what constitutes a professionally delivered lesson
If a person to whom a Pass has been issued provides any false information regarding the purchase of any Pass or product offered by RAL (including providing an incorrect age for any Infant, Youth, or Super Super), RAL may at any time without notice revoke any or all Passes acquired by, or on behalf of, the person who provided that false information or the person to whom that false information relates.
In the case of a ban for fraudulent use of a pass, RAL may refer a complaint of theft to NZ Police &/or commence prosecution and/or legal action. Both parties may also be trespassed from RAL facilities for two years, and any trespass takes effect across all commercial ski areas in New Zealand (SAANZ affiliated members).
RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS MISCONDUCT & BEHAVIOUR TERMS & CONDITIONS
All Pass Holders must abide by the Mt Ruapehu Code of Conduct. Misconduct includes, but is not limited to:
- unsociable or aggressive behaviour, in-person or online
- any form of abusive behaviour to staff or other guests
- unsafe skiing/snowboarding
- misuse of RAL’s bookable parking system online or in person, or unsafe driving through RAL control points & carparking
- disregard for Mt Ruapehu’s Code of Conduct
- skiing or snowboarding under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- supply of incorrect information or breach of the Mt Ruapehu Terms and Conditions
Misconduct will result in cancellation or suspension of the pass with no refund, or a refusal of service on the day or into the future.
- Pass suspension may be for a period of up to one month
- Pass cancellation may be for the remainder of the season or for a twelve-month period
- Refusal of service may be for an open-ended period of time.
Pass suspension, cancellation, refusal of service, and the length of the period, is at the discretion of RAL
RUAPEHU ALPINE TRANSPORT, PARKING, AND ROADS TERMS & CONDITIONS
A bookable parking system may be used to manage peak capacity at Tūroa and Whakapapa. Subject to any other external factors (e.g. government direction around managing capacity through Covid-19) that may require changes, bookable parking shall only be in place for weekends as advised.
Misuse of the bookable parking system, or failure to comply with any physical parking controls, check-points, or road restrictions shall be classed as a breach of the Mt Ruapehu Code of Conduct as noted below. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Any attempt to work around or interfere with the bookable parking system
- Booking “Holding” spaces
- Continued booking of parking space and not showing-up
- Failure to fit chains at a designated chain fitting bay
Failure to comply with road rules (including within a traffic control point) is illegal, and video footage will be forwarded to NZ Police
RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS SKI & RIDE SCHOOL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Unless otherwise stated, Ski & Ride School products (Group & Private lessons, and Programmes) do not include a lit pass.
Lessons are booked at either Turoa or Whakapapa ski area – any request to change a lesson from one ski area to the other must be made in advance, as will be subject to availability at that time.
63. Group & Private Lessons (including packages with Group Lessons)
- ‘Lessons’ includes all Private Lessons, Youth or Adult Group Lessons and Group Lesson Packages, which are booked in advance of the lesson date at an RAL office or via website/phone/email.
- In the case of Lesson cancellation due to ski area closure, or customer illness/injury with accompanying medical certificate, the Lesson may be rescheduled to another date in the current season, or refunded in full.
- In the case of Lesson cancellation by the customer for any other reason more than 72 hours prior to the Lesson start time, the Lesson may be rescheduled to another date in the current season, or refund in full.
- In the case of Lesson cancellation/rescheduling by the customer for any reason within 72 hours of the lesson start time, an admin fee of $50 is applicable i.e. this fee will either be charged upon rescheduling or will be deducted from the value of the product refund.
- In the case of Lesson cancellation as a result of a “no show” at the time and place booked, no refund or reschedule is available.
- If a Group Lesson consists of three or fewer participants, the Lesson duration may be altered.
- Programmes include all multi-weekend Programmes (e.g. Academy, Team Ruapehu), and all 3-day to 5-day Programmes (e.g. Holiday crew, Women’s/Men’s weeks).
- Where a Programme is purchased, and it is later identified that the participant is not at the required skiing/riding ability, a transfer to the appropriate Programme is available at no additional fee. If there is a difference in price, we will charge extra or refund based on the prices when the original purchase was made
- If an appropriate Programme is not available, a refund will be provided. This is only available on day one of the Programme and must be raised with Programmes Coordinator/Head Coach on the same day.
- In the case of any entire Programme or Programme day(s) cancellation due to customer illness/injury with accompanying medical certificate, a refund will be provided (on a pro-rata basis where applicable).
- No refunds due to missed Programme days, except in the case of medical illness/injury (see above). If the Programme is relocated to beginner terrain due to weather conditions or lift status, the Programme will still continue and any missed days by the customer will be forfeited.
- Where off-snow activities are provided as part of a Programme, these are optional, however no partial refund or discount is available for opting out.
- In the case of any programme day cancellation due to ski area closure, alternative activities may be provided at an off-mountain location. If an alternative activity is not provided, or attendance is not possible due to safety concerns around access from a club lodge (e.g. road or weather conditions), a refund may be calculated on a pro-rata basis and provided in the form of Ruapehu Activity dollars only.
- If a Programme group consists of three or fewer participants, the standard Programme duration (days &/or hours) may be altered.
- A 3-day to 5-day Programme (such as Women’s Week or Men’s Week) may be consolidated into fewer days due to either a lower number of participants or due to weather.
RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS SCHOOLS TERMS & CONDITIONS
School pricing does not apply during July School Holidays or during weekends.
A minimum of 10 students per booking is required.
Bookings are final at the time of confirmation and any cancellation will result in being charged in full based on your original booking.
Where availability allows and where instructor schedules are unaffected, numbers, discipline, and ability can be altered up to 10 days prior to the trip commencing.
If attempting to cancel or reschedule more than 2 visits over the entire season, we reserve the right to cancel all future visits.
The invoice will be charged to your school’s credit account on the day of your visit.
If a student is absent for medical reasons, please provide a medical certificate to avoid being charged.
Transportation to and from the ski areas is the responsibility of the individual school and must comply with any road/vehicle restrictions that may be placed on the day.
Complimentary packages will be made available to supervising adults who are in ratio of the students that are purchasing packages.
- For every 6 student packages purchased 1 adult package will be complimentary.
- Supervising adults are welcome to join in on lessons with the students if they ride or ski at a similar level – the focus of the lesson will be on the students.
- Supervision of the students remains the responsibility of the school.
If the Ski Area is operational your lesson will go ahead as planned.
Your booking is for a specific Ski Area. If all facilities are closed at the ski area on the day of your visit we will do our best to accommodate you on another suitable date, or at the other ski area if possible. If this is not possible, you will not be charged.
Arrive no later than 90 minutes prior to your first lesson.
For safety reasons, all participating students must wear helmets.
RAL ski areas do not have waterproof gloves, goggles, sunglasses, or warm hats available for rent. All individuals must bring their own, or these items can be purchased from our retail stores.
As per the Terms & Conditions of the rental agreement, the renter is liable for the cost of replacement if equipment is lost or stolen, and the cost to repair the equipment if damaged.
Ski & Ride lessons are 1hr 50mins in duration. Lesson times are on an ‘as available’ basis. If capacity for a certain time slot has been reached, we may schedule lessons at other times where available.
- Please ensure students are ready to go at the meeting point at least fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled lesson time.
- Delayed departures will not affect lesson finish times.
- In the event of inclement weather affecting facility opening times, we will endeavor to still provide you with a 1hr 50 min lesson.
- The maximum group size will be 15 students per instructor.
- If any ski/snowboard group (once they have been split based on ability) has 4 students or less, the lesson may be shortened to one hour or you may be merged with another school.
Please contact our Schools & Groups Team directly if you have students with adaptive (cognitive, sensory or physical) needs.
No cancellation fee will be incurred in the event of Government mandated lockdown or travel restrictions preventing access to either Ski Area on the day of your booking.
In the event of being unable to visit due to isolation requirements imposed by the Government, no fee will be incurred if supporting documentation is provided.
RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS GROUPS TERMS & CONDITIONS
The definition of a group is twenty or more people who book at least 10 days in advance. The group leader will receive a complimentary lift pass.
Products eligible for group bookings and a 10% discount are:
- Anytime All Mountain or Beginner Lift Pass.
- Anytime Sightseeing Pass (Whakapapa only)
- 1hr Sledding Pass
- Single day rental products
- Group lessons
The total charge will be calculated on confirmed numbers supplied by the group 10 days prior to arrival.
Payment must be made on the day of your visit and in one transaction via debit or credit card.
88. Cancellations and Changes
- If the ski area you have booked to visit is closed, we will try to reschedule your visit.
- Bookings are final at the time of confirmation and any cancellation or change will result in being charged in full based on your original booking.
- Requests to increase group size or purchase additional items will be accommodated subject to availability.
- You are required to arrive at least 90 minutes before your lesson time.
RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS ONLINE PURCHASING TERMS & CONDITIONS
RAL will use reasonable endeavours to process electronic payment transactions in a timely and secure manner. However, RAL makes no warranties or representations regarding the time required to initiate or complete the processing of any transaction, and does not warrant or represent:
- that your access to and use of RAL’s website (“Website”) including the payment facility will be continuous, uninterrupted, error free or secure;
- that any defects in the Website, including the payment facility, will be corrected,
- that this Website, its servers and any network connections are free of computer viruses, Trojans, or other harmful data, code, components or other material;
- that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate access, use, modification or alteration of the Website including the payment facility;
- that it will give notice of any such access, use, modification or alteration;
- the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability, quality or otherwise of the Website (or its content) including the payment facility.
- The use of the Website and any services available through the Website, including the payment facility, is at your own risk.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, RAL will not be liable to you for any loss or liability of any kind caused by any delay or failure outside RAL’s reasonable control to provide information or perform operations (including electronic payment processing) requested or do so correctly, including as a result of or in connection with:
- any delay or failure in any transmission or communication facilities;
- any delay, failure or malfunction of the Website including the payment facility;
- any failure or delay caused by any third party including any internet service provider, carrier or communications service provider, financial institution, or payments service provider;
- delay, failure or malfunction of computer or network equipment, telephone line, browser, software, mobile phone or other handheld device, or any related equipment or facilities;
- computer viruses or other harmful data, code, components or other material; or
- any event beyond the reasonable control of RAL.
You must not use or access the electronic payment facility on the Website except strictly in accordance with the requirements and procedures set out on the Website from time to time and in accordance with all applicable laws.
You are responsible for entering the correct account details and card number and other details required by the electronic payment facility on this Website, and for maintaining the security of your computer software and hardware.
You agree to pay for your orders by authorising RAL or our nominated third-party payment service to charge your bank account or credit card account for the total price of the goods or services ordered and the applicable delivery charges (if any). RAL may amend any such payment requirements or procedures at any time
Your submission of an order to purchase goods or services via the Website constitutes an offer subject to acceptance by RAL.
97. Your privacy
99. Your use of this website
You agree not to use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or to engage in any conduct that may impair or cause damage to the operation of this website whether by way of a virus, corrupted file or through any other means. Furthermore you agree not to alter, modify, reproduce, transmit or otherwise deal with the content, software, text, graphics, layout or design of this website otherwise than in accordance with section 8 (Limited permission to use materials) below.
100. Your User Account
We may enable you to create a user account to access certain 'login required' areas or functionality of this website ('User Account'), in which case you must create an account login for your User Account (including a username and password facility) to verify your identity when you use this website. You must ensure that the account details for your User Account are complete and accurate when submitted to us, that the information that you have given is true and correct, and you must keep your account details up-to-date. You agree to not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
102. Your username and password
Your username and password are personal to you and you must at all times keep your username and password secure and confidential and not disclose them to any third party or otherwise make any 'login required' areas or functionality of this website available to any other person.
You agree that you are solely responsible for any use of this website by any person using your username and password and you agree to indemnify us against any and all claims arising out of your failure to keep your username or password secure and confidential.
You agree to notify us immediately by email HERE of any unauthorised use of your User Account or any other breach of security of which you become aware.
103. Intellectual property
The name and logo of RAL and all trade marks appearing on this website belong to us or our licensors or affiliates. You must not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce those trade marks for any reason without our prior written permission in each case.
The materials displayed on this website are protected by copyright and other laws in New Zealand, and under similar laws and international conventions abroad. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright and other intellectual property rights that may subsist in materials available through this website including text, illustrations, artwork, photographs, video, music, sounds, layout, designs, computer programs, source code, belong to us or to our licensors (together, 'our intellectual property').
Except in accordance with section 8 (Limited permission to use materials) below or with our prior written permission, you may not in any form or by any means:
- use, copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, store, embed, distribute, print, display, perform, publish, or transmit in any way our intellectual property;
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this website.
You agree to indemnify RAL against any claim, demand, cost, loss or damage incurred by RAL arising out of any infringement, or alleged infringement, by you of any rights of a third party.
104. Limited permission to use materials
You are permitted to download and print extracts of material or content from this website in the following situations only:
- for your own personal, non-commercial, use;
- where insubstantial portions of such material or content are quoted in another document provided that an acknowledgement of the source of such materials is provided in each case.
105. Feedback and ideas
If you give us feedback about this website or our products or services, we may use that feedback for the purpose of improving our website, products, or services (and for any other purpose we deem necessary or desirable) without being obliged to pay you any compensation. If you provide us with ideas as part of your feedback they will be deemed to be non-confidential and we will not be required to provide any acknowledgement of their source.
The information on this site is general information only. Such information is not intended as advice and must not be relied on as such. Certain content, information, or materials available through this website may contain further disclaimers that relate to that content, information, or material. You should consider the advice in light of the above matters.
You acknowledge that if you rely on this website or any materials available through this website, you do so solely at your own risk.
We endeavour to ensure the accuracy of information available through this website and that the content of this website is free from errors. However, information on this website may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors, and we do not give any warranty or other assurance as to the content of material appearing on this website, or its accuracy, operation, quality, functionality, completeness, timeliness or suitability for any particular purpose.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide this website and related information and services on an ‘as is’ basis without any warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind (whether, express, implied, statutory or otherwise) including, but not limited to, warranties of non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
The views expressed in any third party material available through this website are not necessarily the views of RAL. We expressly disclaim all responsibility for any third party material and will not be liable for any damages or loss arising in any way out of or in connection with or incidental to any information, product, or service provided by any third party.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all responsibility for any damages or losses (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, financial loss, damages for loss of business opportunity, loss of revenue, or profits or other economic losses, loss of, or corruption to, data) whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise from the use of, or inability to use, this website or any material appearing on this website, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this website or any such material.
If the limitation of liability in the previous paragraph is held to be invalid in whole or in part, then our maximum aggregate liability to you for all damages, costs, and expense (other than for any damage, cost and expense that cannot be limited at law) will not exceed the amount of one New Zealand dollar (NZD$1.00).
The above exclusion and limitation of liability also apply for the benefit of all directors, officers, shareholders, employees, contractors, and agents of RAL.
Due to the nature of the Internet and electronic communications, we and our service providers do not warrant that this website or any associated services will be error free, without interruption or delay, or free from defects in design. Your use of this website and any associated services may be subject to interruption, unavailability, restriction, or delay. We will not be liable to you should this website or the services supplied through this website become, interrupted, unavailable, restricted, or delayed for any reason.
109. Hyperlinks and third party websites
If you create a hyperlink or hotlink to this website or embed this website in another website, you do so at your own risk. You will be responsible for all losses (whether direct or indirect) that we may suffer as a result of that hyperlink, hotlink, or embedding and you will indemnify us against all claims arising from, or in connection with, that hyperlink, hotlink, or embedding.
This website may provide links to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Such linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for their content (including the accuracy or legality of any linked site or any material contained in a linked site). We provide these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement by us of the linked site.
110. Security and malicious code
All information transmitted to you is transmitted at your risk, and you assume all responsibility and risks arising in relation to your use of this website and the Internet. We do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which may arise in connection with your accessing of this website or any hyperlink.
Although we endeavour to prevent the introduction of viruses, Trojans, worms, or other malicious code (together, ‘malicious code’) to this website, we do not guarantee that this website, or any data available from it, does not contain malicious code. We will not be liable for any damages or harm attributable to malicious code. You are responsible for ensuring that the process that you employ for accessing this website does not expose your computer system to the risk of interference or damage from malicious code.
111. Electronic communications
112. Governing law
This website is controlled and operated by us, from offices within New Zealand. Information and products and services on this website have been prepared in accordance with New Zealand law and may not satisfy the laws of any other country. We make no representations or warranties as to whether or not any information, products or services available from this website are appropriate or available for use in other countries. If you choose to access this website from outside New Zealand you are responsible for compliance with applicable local law.
113. Entire agreement
These terms and conditions (together with all other terms set out on this website) constitute the entire agreement between you and RAL with respect to this website and any products or services, and such terms supersede all prior communications or arrangement (whether electronic, oral, or written) between you and RAL.