These Terms and Conditions replace any past agreements with RAL and outlines terms of service for the 2019 winter season.
THE MT RUAPEHU CODE OF CONDUCT
- STAY IN CONTROL AT ALL TIMES
- Ride to the conditions.
- Control your speed.
- Don’t lose what you use, your equipment or rubbish.
- RESPECT GETS RESPECT
- Give way to riders below.
- Share the slopes and give each other space.
- Obey ski area signage – it’s for your safety.
At Mt Ruapehu we endorse the New Zealand Snow Safety Code.
2019 RUAPEHU ALPINE LIFTS GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions apply to all Ruapehu Alpine Lifts Limited (‘RAL’) pass holders, including persons who hold day passes, flexi passes, season passes, life passes, night ski passes, sightseeing passes and sledding passes. (each, a ‘pass’). By purchasing a pass, rental or ski & ride school product and/or using RAL’s services, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and you agree to be bound by them. Pass holders are permitted to use RAL’s services only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- A card processing fee of 1.75% of the purchase price will apply to any purchases made from RAL by credit card, or debit card when the card holder is not present.
- Passes are non-refundable, except where permitted under a Season Pass Warranty which has also been purchased. Terms and conditions for the Season Pass Warranty are set out below. Flexi passes, flexi rental tickets and multiday packages are non-refundable and non-transferrable but are valid on any days throughout the 2019 planned winter operational season.
- Passes are not transferrable and may only be used by the person to whom they are issued, as recorded by RAL on the pass. The person to whom the pass has been issued is responsible for the safekeeping of the pass.
- If the pass is used by someone other than the pass holder, as named on the pass, and that use is not authorised by RAL, RAL may revoke the pass for the remainder of the operational season, or commence prosecution and/or legal action.
- A 2019 pass does not entitle the bearer to any free transport services offered by RAL. Shuttle charges will be advertised on www.mtruapehu.com prior to the 2019 season and be payable prior to usage.
- Passes must be worn by the pass holder at all times while skiing, snowboarding, sightseeing or sledding at Whakapapa and Turoa ski areas.
- Passes can only be used during the winter operational seasons of RAL ski areas. The winter operational seasons are determined by RAL at its absolute discretion and are subject to snow and weather conditions, and RAL having a licence to operate the ski areas at such times. The 2019 planned winter operational seasons for RAL ski areas are as follows: Happy Valley 1 June – 13 October 2019, Whakapapa 22 June - 28 October 2019, Turoa 29 June - 28 October 2019. Subject to weather and snow conditions.
- Night Ski access passes and Season Passes are valid on Friday and Saturday nights from 5 July until 28 September and every night during the July NZ School holidays during 5 July – 21 July from 4:30pm-8:00pm at Whakapapa Ski Area. (Subject to Snow and Weather conditions) on the Rangatira Express at Whakapapa Ski Area only.
- First Tracks day passes can only be purchased as an upgrade to a valid 2019 day pass, flexi pass or season pass. First Tracks season passes can only be purchased as an upgrade to a valid 2019 season pass. First Tracks will run from 8:00am-9:00am, conditions permitting. At Whakapapa it is available 6 July – 28 September 2019 on Rangatira Express. First Tracks may occasionally be offered on the Sky Waka gondola if snow conditions and weather permits. At Turoa it is available from 6 July – 6 October 2019 to ski and ride on Cinch and Blue Holiday runs accessed from Movenpick lift and to lap the Nga Wai Heke Chairlift.
- Platinum Season Passes and associated parking passes are non-transferrable and may only be used by the person to whom they are issued. If the pass or parking pass is used by someone other than the platinum pass holder, RAL may revoke the pass for the remainder of the operational season, or commence prosecution and/or legal action. Platinum Season Passes are valid during the 2019 planned winter operational season only.
- Should operations continue beyond the planned winter operational season dates outlined in (10) above, this will be deemed as a separate independent event, and additional charges may apply.
- Should the operational season for 2019 extend beyond the planned winter operational season, the purchase of a 2020 Season Pass in October 2019 shall entitle the pass holder to access the event.
- Any conduct or behaviour on a RAL ski area that is criminal, fraudulent, in breach of the Mt Ruapehu Code of Conduct, or otherwise presents a risk to the safety of any person on a RAL ski area, entitles RAL to revoke the Pass without any refund payable to the Pass holder.
- If a person to whom a pass has been issued provides any false information in connection with the purchase of any pass or product offered by RAL (including providing an incorrect age for any infant, child, youth, super or super super), RAL may at any time without notice revoke any or all passes acquired by, or on behalf of, the person who provided that false information or the person to whom that false information relates.
- Age of a pass holder, when assessing eligibility for an infant, child, youth, adult, super or super super pass, is determined at the time of purchase.
- RAL reserves the right to ask a pass holder or a person purchasing a pass, whether for himself/herself, or on behalf of anyone else, for proof of age at any time. Proof of age must be provided for all infant, child, youth, adult, super or super super season pass products before the pass will be issued/activated.
- The ‘Student’ category is applicable to season passes only. No day or multiday rates are available for students on any passes or other products.
- Student Season passes are available from 1 January 2019 only to campus based students "studying full time" in 2019 with an Australasian tertiary institution. We define "studying full time" as a minimum of 25 hours per week for the duration of the course (minimum of 32 weeks in a calendar year). Current photo ID in English with a valid expiry date issued from the Australasian tertiary institution and an original letter from that institution confirming full time study status for 2019 must be shown. ISIC cards are not accepted. Passes can be purchased online, in person, over the phone, via email or at one of our retail outlets on or off-mountain, with relevant proof of enrolment. While we can accept payment and application for a student season pass now, the pass will not be issued until we have been provided with adequate proof of full time 2019 student status.
- A $5 non-refundable card fee is applicable to all new pass cards (‘snow cards’). Lost, stolen or damaged snow cards must be reported to RAL immediately. Replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged snow card will incur the $5 new snow card fee.
- Photo identification will be required when picking up your snow card, being issued a replacement, or updating your photograph. In addition, RAL may use one or more gate control cameras at its RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) access control gates. These cameras capture images of persons when those persons access or use the lifts. RAL uses this system to confirm that snow cards are used only by the correct persons.
- Photographs or videos taken by you must be for your own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purpose. From time to time you might be monitored by the company and CCTV cameras may be in use. RAL reserves the right to photograph guests at any time for security purposes or for use in connection with the promotional activities and general commercial operations of the Company. You expressly agree to the use of your image and likeness for these purposes without compensation.
- A pass issued (or reloaded) by RAL to the person(s) detailed within the purchase, is considered delivery of the goods and services contracted for by the person who pays for that pass, irrespective of method of payment. Ownership of the pass belongs to the person named on the pass, not the purchaser, except that parents or legal guardians will own passes they have purchased on behalf of a minor (any person 17 years old or younger).
- RAL is not responsible for the closure of any lift, the mountain and/or Whakapapa or Turoa Ski Areas, caused by any routine maintenance, adverse weather conditions, acts of God, or other circumstances unforeseen and/or beyond RAL’s reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, RAL is not liable for any loss, damage or injury including direct, indirect or consequential loss suffered by any person arising out of or in connection with the use of the pass. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes any right or remedies that cannot be limited or excluded, including under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- RAL reserves the right to vary and amend any of the Terms and Conditions relating to the passes or other products offered by RAL at its sole discretion, provided that if any variation or amendment made by RAL to the Terms and Conditions is materially adverse to the Pass holder’s interests, the pass holder may cancel their pass and, in the case of cancelled Season Passes, RAL will refund to that Season Pass holder a pro-rata amount, less the cost of a 2019 All Mountain day pass for each day the Season Pass has been used (such refund not to exceed the purchase price of the Season Pass).