Primary, Intermediate and Secondary schools based in New Zealand get special rates at Mt Ruapehu. Youth groups based in New Zealand, consisting of members aged 18 and under, who are living in New Zealand and booking with us direct get special rates too.
Advance bookings for groups are essential. Booking forms should be sent in at least 2 weeks before your visit, even if you only have rough numbers and requirements. If your visit is less than two weeks away, please contact your Schools & Groups Coordinator by telephone.
• Schools and youth groups must be based in New Zealand to qualify for our special rates.
• A minimum of 10 children/youth must be booked, to qualify for our special rates. (Schools with roles smaller than 30 students, must book a minimum of 5 children/youth)
• Youth groups, a minimum of 10 youth no more than 20% adults, booking direct qualify for our special rates.
• Use the appropriate forms – Midweek rates are Mon to Fri unless there is a public holiday, in this case the Weekend & Holiday rates apply.
• Booking forms must be sent at least 2 weeks in advance. Short notice bookings will be considered on availability, we will try our best to accommodate your request.
• Schools and youth groups must book direct.
• Schools or groups who have not pre-booked do not qualify for our special rates; we cannot guarantee availability for Rental equipment or lessons in this case.
• Ratios – Primary / intermediate schools have a 1:5 ratio (for every 5 child/youth booked 1 adult pays the child rate) Secondary schools & youth groups have a 1:8 ratio.
For schools or youth groups outside New Zealand or who do not fit this definition, please refer to the Other Groups Section.
At certain times during the season we book out very quickly. If rental equipment or lessons are not available due to heavy bookings, your Mt Ruapehu Group Co-ordinator will contact you to make alternative arrangements. Groups will be dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis along with other visitors to the mountain.
You can also book to visit both ski areas over a multi-day visit. Rentals can be picked up from one ski area and dropped off at the other. Please ensure you indicate this clearly on your booking form.
A booking is not made until a booking form has been sent and you have received a confirmation form by email from us. After we receive your booking, a written confirmation will be sent to you along with some further information. (Rental cards, lesson times, Ticket collection etc.)
NOTE: Unless you have received a confirmation from your Mt Ruapehu group co-ordinator within 10 days of sending us your initial booking form, please assume that your booking has not been received and contact us.
If you intend on paying via an account please fill in the credit application form and send it in along with your booking form. If you already have a credit account with us, we ask that you update your account annually by completing and returning the first part of the credit application form (contact details).
If your group is paying by cash, card or cheque, payment is required on a daily basis when tickets are picked up at Customer Services.
Any unused products (tickets) must be returned on the day and they will be refunded appropriately. Payment by cheque must be presented with a valid credit card – we will write the credit card details on the back of the cheque as security. The credit card will only be charged if the cheque bounces.
*Use of credit card will incur a 1.75% processing fee
Ski sessions contain a maximum of 15 people, for ages 5 and over, whereas snowboard sessions cater for a maximum of 10 people, for ages 8 and over. Sessions are pre-allocated for each group: Session times are 1 hour 30 minutes long.
Sessions times are 9.30am, 11am, 1pm and 2.30pm.
For lesson descriptions follow his link https://www.mtruapehu.com/winter/starter-packages
Adaptive information follow this link https://www.mtruapehu.com/winter/Adaptive-Centre
Sessions begin at 9.30am and 1:30pm.
Discover Sessions are for complete beginners.
Explorer (Advanced Beginner) sessions are for advanced beginner (level 2) skiers/snowboarders only.
Explorer (Intermediate/Advanced) sessions are for level 3 and upwards.
*There is an additional Session Booking Form for all groups who visit Turoa which is to determine ability levels.
Please discuss all other session requirements with your appropriate Mt Ruapehu group coordinators.
Ph: 07 892 4000 ext 7894
Fax: 07 892 3732
Postal: Whakapapa Ski Area, Private Bag 71902, Mt Ruapehu
Ph: 06 385 8456 ext 5664
Fax: 06 385 8992
Postal: Turoa Ski Area, PO Box 46, Ohakune